Craigslist has a number of varying subdomains corresponding to different cities and regions all over the world. As someone who frequently uses Craigslist knows, New York is one of the most popular cities on Craigslist with hundreds of new posts in every category each day. Its web address is ‘http://newyork.craigslist.org/’ and it has probably the highest competition on Craigslist with over 700 ads posted in “sm biz ads” category only,
According to analysis by Alexa, the following are the 10 most visited Craigslist websites in the US:
- San Francisco Bar Area 9.17% http://sfbay.craigslist.org/
- Los Angeles 7.49% (losangeles.craigslist.org)
- New York City 6.27% (newyork.craigslist.org)
- Seattle 4.51% (seattle.craigslist.org)
- Chicago 3.34% (chicago.craigslist.org)
- Orange County 3.31% (orangecounty.craigslist.org)
- San Diego 3.16% (sandiego.craigslist.org)
- Washington DC 2.94% (washingtondc.craigslist.org)
- Portland 2.69% (portland.craigslist.org)
- Boston 2.53% (boston.craigslist.org)
To get a clearer idea , following is a list of 10 Craigslist websites that are being searched the most on Google (as seen according to Google keywords planner):
- New York 3, 350, 000 monthly searches
- Atlanta 2, 740, 000 monthly searches
- Houston 2, 740, 000 monthly searches
- Phoenix 2, 740, 000 monthly searches
- San Diego 2, 240, 000 monthly searches
- Dallas 2, 240, 000 monthly searches
- Portland 1, 830, 000 monthly searches
- Vancouver 1, 830, 000 monthly searches
- Seattle 1, 830, 000 monthly searches
- Denver 1, 830, 000 monthly searches
So, now that you know which Craigslist websites get the most attention overall, you think you can go and post your ads there, right?
Well we recommend a little bit more patience. Here’s why:
Posting in Top Craigslist Cities- A good idea or not?
Here is what the Craigslist Gods reveal to us in their FAQ:
“Can I post my ad on more than one Craigslist site?
Please choose just ONE local Craigslist site for which your ad is most relevant—generally the site closest to you. If your ad is equally relevant to all locations, your ad does not belong on Craigslist. Please find another service. Posting the same ad to multiple locations on Craigslist is prohibited. ”
Is it still possible to post in different top Craigslist cities?
For a long time, Craigslist Posers had to encounter the problem of ghosting if the ads were not posted locally. But recently, people take a chance and post their ads in multiple cities and it works for them!
Also, with Craigslist Posting Services like O2F , there are systems and technologies in place with which your ads can be posted multiple times in many cities, following a strategic ad campaign.
The easiest way to make your ad go viral is by posting your ads in smaller cities and towns because Craigslist has relaxed rules for them as compared to major cities.It is reported on multiple occasions that Craigslist loosens its deadly grip significantly on postings in non-major cities. For example, you can still use the “img” HTML tag in small towns’ Craigslists.
So, give it a try and post your offer non-locally and see what happens.
Of course, you don’t want your ad to be in a ghost town so consider posting from a place like Boston which is ranked 10th in the Craigslist top cities list and move down the list.
Another thing to consider is general limitation on the number of postings you can submit per day, per account.
Craigslist says everywhere that no more than 1 ad per 48 hours (two days) is allowed.
So far, 3 ads per day with a 30-minute gap per account, per IP address has worked for many people and it should work for you too!
If you don’t want to risk losing your account to getting your posts ghosted on Craigslist for the sake of experimenting, you can hire Craigslist Posting Service like O2F. We have ample experience in the field to make your ad campaign a success.
This article was published outsource2freelancers.com by Muhammad Abubakar